Monday, July 26, 2010

Background Whimsy by Judy Jackson


This retired floral background stamp from Stampin' Up! lends itself beautifully to this technique. As soon as I saw and read the directions, I immediately thought of this stamp. Does that ever happen to you?
This technique is an easy way to add color, interest, and design to many background stamps. A high quality white gel pen is a must for this technique.
The fancy label is made using a Spellbinders die cut and the stamp is from SU. The flower accent is created by using several layers of punched out card stock spritzed with glimmer spray and attached with a brad in the middle of the flower. The leaves were cut out with a leaf die cut from Quickutz. That is a quick and easy way to create an embellishment custom made for your card.
Have a terrific week!
Judy Jackson

4 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful. I love the added flower that pops.

Clare said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love that background stamp, but I'm not sure of what technique you used to color it, or how to use the white pen on it. Can you tell me where to find more info on this, please?

Judy Jackson said...

Clare, it is the technique called Background Whimsy in the current (June) Technique Junkie newsletter.

Connie Fossenier said...

Love Background Whimpsy...this techie I did try and used this very BG stamp too...What I love about yours is the added touch with the flower, it speakes to the rest of the card
connie paxman