Thursday, July 17, 2014

Tissued Watercolors by Judy Jackson

Last week I showed you two card  using the Crinkled Watercolors technique. This week I am showing the cards created from the "left over" parts from the two cards I showed you last week.   I think you will agree these two cards while very similar in color tones are very different in the final look. That only goes to show you that the very same background technique and color scheme can be used to create very different looking cards. That is one of things I love about stamping - the very versatility of stamping, the varied purposes for stamping, and the extremely varied looks of the final cards.  Rubber stamping feeds my creativity.


This is the blue and green background left overs from the Crinkled Watercolors.  So I pulled a previously created tag from my "card parts" drawer and altered it a bit to make it not only fit the card base but I also added some sponging to blend the colors.  It has a very soft look now.




And here on this card, I used another tag from my card parts drawer. The rose is from Me and Carrie Lou, The verse at the top is from Impression Obsession.  The speckled dots stamps is from Stampin' Up. I sponged the tag, added the speckles on both the tag and the background, added ribbons to the tag, and then added the embellishments.   All in all a lovely card I think and an appropriate card for a wedding or a wedding anniversary!  .

I hope you have a chance to get crafty today!

Judy Jackson

2 comments: