Thursday, October 22, 2015

30 Days of Christmas, Day 8


Welcome back to the 30 Days of Christmas! Today is Day 8 and I am pleased to use two of the new stamps from this year's Technique Junkies holiday release. The base of this stamp is the Winter Wonderland Stamp. I colored the top of this stamp with Stormy Sky Distress Ink, and the bottom of the stamp with Iced Spruce Distress Ink using the Direct-to-Stamp method. For texture,there is a dot of Stickles on each of the top snowflakes, and painted Bone Stone Effects Dimensional Medium (Art Anthology) over the snowy areas.

To add more dimension, I re-inked the bottom of the stamp with Iced Spruce ink again and stamped on a second piece of paper. I cut out a few trees and popped them on the base piece:


To finish the card, I used the Winter Wonderland Sayings (Set of 3) along the top, creating banners for each of the words.  I love that I can make these non-denominational, like the card above, or straight-out Christmas Cards by using the Merry Christmas Greeting from the same set. 

Until tomorrow--

2 comments:

Beth Norman said...

I love how you have the beautiful two tones going on. The colours are so very beautiful. The dimensional trees are perfect too.

Diana Enns said...

The dimension in this card is great - thanks for all the inspiration.