Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Partners In Crime Survive Together

Hello, my TJ Friends! Got a new card to share with you today!



I was feeling very crafty the other day and decided to try something a little different. I grabbed the Survive Together (SD752) stamp and gave it a little different look. This stamp has sentiments highlighted in the umbrella and people, but I wanted a different sentiment. So I stamped the image on a white piece of CS using Versamark Ink and embossed it with black powder. I then used a Versamark pen and colored in the sentiment areas and embossed again with black powder. What I ended up with was a very textured looking image...and I loved it! 

To finish off the panel, I took a blow marker (I'm pretty sure that's the very technical name for it...you flip the barrel around and blow in one end and the ink spatters out the other). You could also flick paint with a brush or old toothbrush and get a similar effect. Or use some Art Anthology sprays! I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops to add a speck of color.


For the tag, I used the Cracked Glass technique from the February/March 2008 (oldie-but-goodie) Technique Junkies newsletter. I die cut a tag out of silver CS and stamped/embossed the sentiment from Partners In Crime (SS053). I then covered the entire tag with Versamark ink and clear embossing powder. After heat setting, I repeated that step three more times. I popped the tag in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Yup. I froze it.  Then I took it out and bent it around to create the cracks. Using a sponge dauber and some Distress Ink, I added just a little bit of shading to the cracked areas, and then added a heart with the Nuvo Crystal Drops. I added some washi tape to the card base and attached the stamped panel. I then added a little ribbon to the tag and attached it to the card with some foam tape.

The textured image, the crystal drops, the cracked-yet-smooth tag... This is just one of those cards that appeals to those who like "feels". And I hope it inspired you to give these techniques a go. And don't forget....

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!

2 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Great card. Love the cracked glass. I must try that technique again.

Cheri said...

Fantastic card, Ro. Love the cracked glass touch too.