Monday, October 16, 2017

30 Days of Christmas Day 2 and a New TJ Challenge!


Today is day 2 of the 30 Days of Christmas! 
Every day from today through November 13th the Technique Junkies design team will be 
posting Christmas cards to inspire your Holiday spirit! But that's not all...


EVERY stamp in the Christmas category is discounted 20% 
during the 30 Days of Christmas! 

Just add them to your cart and the stamps will be discounted automatically.
Want an extra 10 % off on Christmas stamps? Use code TJ10Jeanne

Today also is the start of a new challenge! 
You will have a whole month to complete the challenge. Enter as many times as you wish using the link list at the bottom of the post for a chance to win a $25 Technique Junkies Gift Certificate!
You have until November 12th to enter. Winner will be announced November 13th.

A few simple rules.

You must use Technique Junkies stamps to be chosen to win a prize.

If you don't have any Technique Junkies stamps feel free to play along and link your project but you will not be in the drawing for a prize.

You must use the challenge technique in your project (that's the challenge!)

No linking old projects. Projects must be new.

Please list Technique Junkies stamps with links in your project posts.

Please link directly to your project (not a general blog).

If you have a problem linking to the challenge contact Jeanne

The challenge is... Build a Background
You can see the original tutorial HERE

For my version of this technique you will need:

 cardstock
 inks (I used SU! inks)
MISTI or stamp positioner
I also used white acrylic paint on my project

I positioned my Pinecone stamp in the Misti.


I didn't measure. I just used the MISTI and repositioned my stamp each time. 
Since I started in the middle everything lined up easily. 


Here's my background.


I used a paintbrush and thinned (with water) white acrylic craft paint to paint some 
snowy areas on the pinecones. Then I splattered over the entire background. 
Stamp sentiment (Gifts of Christmas (set of 5)) and attach to card to finish.


For an additional 10% off on everything (30% total on Christmas stamps!) use the code below.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

1 comment:

lynda said...

Great challenge. I posted my card, but don't see it here. I will come back and check it later.