Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Double Embossed Metal

It's Evelyn here....trying out the Double Embossed Metal from the Feb/March newsletter.  I ordered four colors of metal after I saw the newsletter; this card uses Plum.  The first embossing was with the Swiss Dots folder, and the second was with SU's Rose folder.   Although I did color some with a purple Sharpie, it doesn't show up very well.  I backed the metal piece with specialty dark purple cardstock from Club Scrap and accented it with some soft purple pearls. (Click on the photo to see details.)      .....Evelyn Spikes

17 comments:

carol walker said...

Wow this looks fantastic, great job.

Unknown said...

This is so awesome. I will have to try this as soon as I can. And tomorrow afternoon is my playday ... LOL

Cathy Y said...

Wow - that is pretty! Great folder choice for the technique.

Hetty said...

Well, Evelyn, this is pretty cool! The purple comes out just wonderful.

A Passion for Stamping said...

I love this technique! You did a great job! Very pretty!

Pat

Kathie McGuire said...

BEAUTIFUL card Evelyn!! I love your color choices and the detail in cutting out the embossed image. And the purple pearls are such a great addition to this card. Nice job. Applause!!

Carol said...

Beautiful card -- I just LOVE the looks of this technique!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful.......love the colors.

Ann said...

Striking, Evelyn!

Marilyn S said...

Evelyn your card is beautiful. Double embossed metal is a great technique. I have make a few cards with it and they always come out better than you would think they would. I love it and your card!

Marilyn S

Carole Miller said...

Beautiful card. I love that technique and using the metal.

Carole Miller

firewoman55 said...

Stunning!

Beth Norman said...

Stunning. After staring for a while, I need to take a break, refresh my ice tea, and come back to stare some more. Be right back....

Martha said...

This is gorgeous! What a wonderful job you did.

Lynn Stevens said...

Three words.
Pretty, Pretty, Pretty!

Connie Fossenier said...

Evelyn I still have not braved it to do Double embossed Metal...
Wow your card just pops off my screen.
connie paxman

wwilloww said...

That is gorgeous!! I love how vibrant it is!! May have to give it a try!!!