Friday, December 15, 2017

TJ Inkspiration: Pearlescent Watercolors, Part One

I know I have been MIA on Fridays for the last few weeks, and I hope you can forgive me. I am embroiled in an inventory project that will eventually make my life easier, which is one of the reasons I have been MIA. The other reason is that we had to replace a window in my studio, and I was forced to move quite a bit of my stuff around in order to accommodate the installers. There were two results of that improvement - first, I have more natural light in my studio - and secondly, I rediscovered my Niji Pearlescent Watercolors.  I remembered how much I loved them, and it inspired me to create today's video!

Today's video is #1 of a 2-part series. I cover two quick techniques for using these gorgeous watercolors. One of the reasons I love them so much is their ease-of-use, and at $7.95, for 21 little pots of color, the price can't be beat, either.

The products I used on the finished cards are here:
Pearlescent Watercolors_ _7.95

Pinecones
Christmas Cocktail
Pearlescent Watercolors, Part One


Here is the artwork from the video:
Here is another view:
 

And the second card from the video:
 

and the video:
Pearlescent Watercolors
Pearlescent Watercolors




I hope you are a little inkspired by today's issue. See you next week!
 
Sincerely,
 

Pat Huntoon
Technique Junkies LLC 

2 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Your video was excellent. Love the results.

lynda said...

These pine cone cards are fabulous, Pat. Love the way the pearlescent watercolors make them look! Great video, and easy to follow. Love the cute perfect cocktail card, too.